Put alerts in different (optionals) categories to simplify the work of people supervising.
Create a new attribute "Category" at the same level as Classification.
Needs to create/find a list of categories (ex : authentication, authorisation, etc.)
- The classification from the agent are not standard so it is difficult for a "non expert" to find it's way. Categories could really help knowing that IDMEF has this "complicated" image.
- The same event can have different names depending on the agent ("authentication failed", "wrong password", "bad login or password", etc.) eventhough it's obvious it's the same event.
- Work have been done on that with LogLogic for example (based on IDMEF)
- Needs to find a list of categories
- Is it always possible to put event in a category (and is there allways only one category per event)
- Does it have something to do with ISI/ETSI ? Should there be another attribute for "ISI category" or "ISI correspondance" ? (GLE)
- TAN : The ISI/ETSI dictionary should be the solution : http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_gs/isi/001_099/002/01.01.01_60/gs_isi002v010101p.pdf annex B, first section
- Cette Ã©numÃ©ration existe dÃ©jÃ dans l'objet IMPACT. Utilisation et amÃ©lioration de l'Ã©numÃ©ration. Voir Enumeration.
- A dÃ©battre : possibilitÃ© de spÃ©cifier plusieurs IMPACT type.